We need to make sure that our laws protecting our citizens’ rights are enforced. It is unacceptable when a Cabinet Secretary will not commit to enforcing our laws protecting American citizens’ rights. All Americans should be treated fairly and equally no matter the color of their skin, their sexual orientation, religion, or anything else. We should make sure that law enforcement and intelligence agencies are following all laws and violating none of our citizens’ rights and are held accountable if they are. We need to fight hard against civil rights violations and when they occur they need to be prosecuted.
We should make sure that gun laws apply to all sales. Even one gun homicide, suicide, or accident that could be prevented is too many. We should do everything possible to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them while still allowing law abiding citizens access to guns if they choose. We need to close all loopholes on background checks and make sure that all gun owners are properly trained in gun safety.
- Universal Background Checks
- All gun sales should be accompanied by a background check
- Make sure that background checks are properly funded so they can be done quickly and effectively
- Increase reporting of information that is needed to make sure that background checks are effective
- Gun owners need to have gun safety training
- Continue to invest in smart gun technology